Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.higobeat.com/
We operate in the United Kingdom and Japan. Data transfer between the EU and these two countries is expressly permitted under GDPR.
Higo Beat Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 12736412. The company’s registered office is 28 Fourth Avenue, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 2PJ, UK.
Higo Beat Japan Co., Ltd. is a company registered in Japan. The company’s registered office is 3033 Manganji, Minami Oguni, Aso, Kumamoto 〒869−2402.
Higo Beat Japan Co., Ltd. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Higo Beat Ltd.
How we use your personal information
Our main reason for collecting and using your personal information is to provide and improve the service, products, and experiences you expect from us. This includes;
- To respond to your queries and requests;
- To communicate with you;
- To complete and fulfill a purchase;
- To meet legal and regulatory compliance;
If we use external or cloud-based systems, we will ensure confidentiality of your information is maintained. We share data between Higo Beat Ltd. and Higo Beat Japan Co., Ltd.
What personal information do we collect?
We value privacy and only collect the minimum information needed. We may collect the following personal data from you;
- The personal details you provide when working with us (such as name, address, email address, business or personal address, phone number).
- We require payment details for processing any payments needed when working with us.
- The personal information you choose to give when corresponding with us by phone, email, social media, online, or in person.
- Any other personal or private information about you that you choose to submit to us.
- Your IP address will be included in the reset email if you request a password reset.
What are your legal rights relating to your personal data?
You have rights by law which we always uphold. These rights include:
- The right to transparent and honest communications with us about your personal information.
- The right to access your own personal information at any time.
- The right to object to the use of your personal data for a particular purpose.
- The right to instruct us to correct, update or complete your personal information if you feel this is required.
- The right to withdraw your consent for us to use your personal information.
- The right to instruct us to erase your personal information.
- The right to instruct us to provide your personal data to you in a machine-readable state and for you to be free to provide that information to any other body or individual without hindrance.
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any information you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How can you access your personal data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and a copy of it. This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests are free of charge and should be made in writing via email or post. We will respond to this subject access request within seven working days of receiving it.
How to Contact us
To contact us regarding anything to do with your personal data or data protection, email us at email@example.com or post to Higo Beat Ltd. 28 Fourth Avenue, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 2PJ, UK.
How long do we retain your data?
For registered users on our website, we store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
To get critical information about the behavior of our visitors, we use Simple Analytics. This analytics software gives us insight about our visitors only in general, but not about individuals by itself, as it does not track visitors and does not store any personal identifiable information. Go to their documentation to find out what Simple Analytics collects (and, most notably, what they don’t).
The information we collect from social media and online sites sometimes includes personal information that has been put online and is publicly available.
These online and social media sites may have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal information. You should carefully review those privacy policies before using these sites to ensure that you are happy with how your personal information is collected and shared.
We only use strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart, or make use of e-billing services.
If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. The login cookies will be removed if you log out of your account.
An additional cookie will be saved in your browser if you edit or publish an article. This cookie includes no personal data and indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after one day.